Privacy Door Latch (PDL)
Privacy Door Latch (PDL) is recommended for environments with corridorto-interior openings such as hotels or dormitories. This durable accessory allows the door to be opened for identification while providing privacy for the guest or resident.
The design of the PDL does not allow the door to be held open, avoiding door and frame damage caused by the door slamming against a traditional flip latch or chain. The PDL’s silicone pads provide additional protection for the door.
The PDL is UL Classified as a fire door accessory. It also meets the requirements of NFPA 80 Sections 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, that requires auxiliary hardware does not interfere or prohibit the proper operation of fire rated doors, and that doors are not blocked or wedged in the open position.
- Simple to operate
- Increased guest privacy
- Cannot be used to hold door open
- Does not interfere with proper door operation
- Easy to install
- UL Classified US/Canada
- ADA compliant
- Enhanced in-room privacy
- UL classified as a fire door accessory, can be legally installed on fire-rated openings.
- Cannot be used to keep door ajar.
- Small footprint
- Supplied with #12 × 1-3/4″ flat head screws.